Kidzui Browser Installation Doesn't Detect Flash

A. Ponder

29 May, 2011 08:02 PM

Just installed the browse on Windows 7 and it is giving me an error saying I need Flash 9 or greater. I have Flash 10 installed so... what should I do to make Kidzui detect it?

1. 1 Posted by Dustin R. on 29 May, 2011 08:37 PM

Hi A. Ponder,

Unfortunately, Flash can be pretty picky about how it is installed, but removing and re-installing the Flash plug-in should resolve the issue. To remove Flash, please click here and download Adobe's Flash Removal tool. Run the tool to remove Flash from your computer, then using your Internet Explorer browser, please visit http://www.adobe.com. Once Adobe's site loads, locate the Downloads section and click the Adobe Flash Player link to re-install Flash. Please note that if you use a browser other than Internet Explorer to re-install Flash, KidZui will be unable to detect it.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Dustin
    KidZui CS

2. 2 Posted by Marianne Gordon on 29 Jun, 2011 04:10 AM

I just installed a new hard drive and a fresh copy of windows 7. I then installed all the required plug-ins I needed including flash player via EI 9 , but it wouldn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled - I've tried IE 9, Firefox 3.6 and Firefox 5.0 and Even Google Chrome. Kidzui doesn't recognize it - but all other applications do........why is that?
    Sincerely,
    Marianne

3. 3 Posted by Dustin R. on 29 Jun, 2011 04:34 PM

Hi Marianne,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Flash. You mention that you tried uninstalling and re-installing - when you did so, did you remove Flash using Adobe's Flash Removal Tool (which you can find here)? Unfortunately, Flash can be very picky about how it is removed and re-installed; it's important to remove Flash using Adobe's utility prior to re-installing it via Internet Explorer.

If you're still experiencing a Flash error when trying to open KidZui, I recommend trying to remove and re-install Flash once more. Please make sure to follow these instructions in order to ensure that Flash is properly installed. If you continue to experience the error after re-installing once more, please let us know.

Thanks,

Dustin
    KidZui CS

4. 4 Posted by Marianne Gordon on 29 Jun, 2011 09:18 PM

Thanks Dustin,
    After much frustration- I realized where I made my error - Installing the
    plug-in with the wrong browser.
    I appreciate your response.
    Sincerely
    Marianne

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Dustin R. <
    [email blocked]> wrote:

5. 5 Posted by Dustin R. on 29 Jun, 2011 09:20 PM

You're welcome, Marianne, and we're sorry for the headaches involved in getting KidZui to detect Flash!

Please feel free to contact us if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Dustin
    KidZui CS

6. 6 Posted by Sandi on 19 Jul, 2011 06:40 PM

Is there a way to get flash uploaded through Kidzui browser? That's where I need it because I've updated it for my computer but it isn't recognized through the Kidzui browser.

7. 7 Posted by bp on 28 Jul, 2011 07:29 AM

Hey all, I'm having a heck of a time getting KidZui to start properly. I'm a software engineer so you'd think I'd have some advantage here, but no...

I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.7 latest updates.
    Trying with Safari 5.0.5 and/or Firefox 5.0.1.
    I have Adobe Flash 10,3,181,34 installed, and I've reinstalled it multiple times. It passes all the Adobe tests.
    I have KidZui 6.0.359 installed.

Here is the deal... when I launch KidZui, I get a full screen white screen with no I/O. Apple (command) key combos result in the audible bell, except Apple-Q, which quits. If I change KidZui to launch through Rosetta (via Finder --> Apple-I), then it will do a full screen white screen, then a full screen red screen with the message that I have Adobe version 0 installed and I need to update. So with Rosetta, it seems to start up okay but fail to detect Flash, and without Rosetta is goes into Waiting for Godot in a Blizzard mode.

What's up?

8. 8 Posted by Dustin R. on 28 Jul, 2011 04:28 PM

Hi bp,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening KidZui. Do you happen to have the OS-X parental controls enabled? If so, these controls can prevent KidZui from opening unless a few specific URLs are added to the approved sites list. The sites you'll need to add are as follows:

https://ec2-75-101-149-115.compute-1.amazonaws.com
    https://ec2-184-72-189-7.compute-1.amazonaws.com
    https://ec2-184-73-212-93.compute-1.amazonaws.com
    https://ec2-184-72-253-249.compute-1.amazonaws.com

With those sites approved, you should be able to open KidZui with your OS-X parental controls enabled.

If you continue to have trouble with KidZui, please let us know.

Thanks,

Dustin
    KidZui CS

9. 9 Posted by bp on 29 Jul, 2011 05:34 AM

No, I'm not using any parental controls.

10. 10 Posted by Dustin R. on 29 Jul, 2011 04:40 PM

Hi bp,

If you haven't yet tried to do so, I recommend trying to remove and re-install KidZui. When removing KidZui, please navigate to Library > Preferences and trash any files beginning with com.kidzui in addition to the KidZui application. After removing KidZui, you can download the browser again directly from our website.

Please let us know if you still experience the blank screen after re-installing.

Thanks,

Dustin
    KidZui CS

11. 11 Posted by bp on 16 Aug, 2011 08:27 PM

I have followed your instructions above, uninstalling KidZui and removing any files with com.kidzui in Library > Preferences (there weren't any, incidentally). I have downloaded a new copy of KidZui and installed it again, and I still get the same result: blank screen when I try to start KidZui.

12. 12 Posted by Dustin R. on 16 Aug, 2011 09:33 PM

Hi bp,

I wonder if you might have better luck with our add-on for Firefox. You can try that version of KidZui by opening Firefox, then clicking the Tools menu and selecting Add-ons. Once the add-ons window opens, search for KidZui and select the KidZui K2 add-on to install it. After the add-on is installed, the KidZui K icon will be placed on Firefox's toolbar (next to the address bar), and you can click the icon to launch KidZui. Hopefully this version will work better for you, but if not, please let us know.

Thanks,

Dustin
    KidZui CS

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac